Yesterday I went to a concert during the day. It was sort of a Broadway (and a few other) performers showcase. It was a day concert at a place like the Hollywood Bowl.
I was sitting off to the side about halfway back with nobody right around me. My parents were somewhere else in the audience.
Katy Perry had performed earlier in the show and taken a seat in the audience by the time the encore began. They were singing one of her hit songs (Baby Baby Baby Oh). The performers tried to get Katy to sing with them by seeking her out in the audience but she kept hiding.
She eventually sat down beside me. Needless to say, they found us and gave her a mic. She turned to me and said, "You are going to help me through this." (I couldn't get myself to tell her that I didn't know her song...)
As the next verse began, which was when she was going to join in, she told me to 'harmonize with her.' We started to sing and realized neither of us new the lyrics. We abruptly stopped and started laughing. The song continued without anyone singing until we got it together by the chorus and started singing "baby baby baby oh"s back and forth. She eventually got up and walked around the audience as the she finished the song.
The concert ended and everyone began filing out. I knew that I wanted a picture with Katy after that whole experience so I made my way to the front of the stage. When I got there my parents were the first to find me and my dad said it was time to leave. Reluctantly I agreed and we turned to head out of the Bowl.
But as we started to walk out I heard Katy shout, "Hey, hold up!"
After getting the nod from my parents that I could go back, I went to Katy and we started walking in the other direction together away from the crowd. We ended up walking out of the Bowl the other direction and the beach was on one side.
She invited me to see a 'modernized performance of Avenue Q with her and Russell' that evening. She suggested that we 'grab dinner first though.' I told her that maybe my dad would be willing since it was his favorite show.
She turned sad for a second and said that she wasn't sure she could get an extra three tickets instead of just the one for me. I understood and told her that I should just head back with my parents then.
We talked about random things as we walked. At one point I apologized for not knowing her song. I tried to lessen the blow by saying that I knew some of her other songs, but she could easily see through that lie.
As we started walking back to the Bowl Russell caught up to us. Katy had to get going, likely to change from her performance clothes, so Russell escorted me back.
My dad found us on the way and I asked Russell if I could get a picture with him. He agreed and so we let my dad act as our paparazzo for the rest of the walk.
The End.
(The Inner Mind of Dramawiz creates some awesome dreams!)
No comments:
Post a Comment