So I just finished watching last night's How I Met Your Mother...
This episode was all about finishing what you've started or letting go. I really enjoy Ted's lectures. If I were one of his students, then I'd likely be lost or just very bored. But as an outsider, glimpsing bits of his likely more impressive professorial moments, they seem great. Ted lectured about Gaudi's Sagrada Familia, the unfinished church in Barcelona. Maybe it's because I have been there, seen the face of Jesus in one of its shadows, or just like Gaudi in general, but I thought the use of this church and its unfinished state was a great setup for the episode.
Basically, each character (except maybe Barney) has something that they need to either move on from or finish from their past. Ted is reoffered the contract for building the bank's headquarters. Lily needs to get the courage to face a young boy who stepped on her face at karate class. Marshall needs to let go of his legal funk band (seriously... though he should keep the cat-in-the-hat hat). And, Robin needs to move on from Don, who moved to Chicago for work after the two began living together.
Some fun tidbits from the episode:
- Getting a glimpse of Barney's moves when he works his magic on Ted to get him to say yes (they always say yes).
- Seeing Marshall's legal funk band's only public performance.
- And the best used reference of the night: Marshall and Ted discussing how the architect of the Death Star must have felt. This exchange started great and only managed to get better as Ted insisted that the design flaw must have been on the contractor's end.
The Inner Mind of Dramawiz
No comments:
Post a Comment