Thursday, October 14, 2010

Skip Wuznum... realtor... is old.

Just had to put this out there. I was watching Modern Family just now and right as Jay got up to give his speech at the engagement party I paused the program. I literally thought that if I just stopped it, the embarrassment wouldn't happen. I quickly realized that if I wanted to watch the rest of the episode, which I did, then I had to unpause the program and watch the embarrassing scene.

Why is it that we get so invested in TV characters that we feel for their embarrassment at such a striking level? Jay is nowhere near my favorite character on Modern Family, but the thought of what he was about to do (make a speech at a party for people he thought worked for him but really didn't) was so bad and I had no way to physically stop him (besides pausing the video of course), that I just needed a breather... a second away from my virtual life with these characters.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

The Inner Mind of Dramawiz

No comments: